A sales compensation or sales commission plan creates the critical link between the sales strategy and front-line performance. The compensation plan trumps leadership messages, sales strategy, sales management, and sales training. The sales organization will go where the compensation plan leads.
But too many executives squander the opportunity effective compensation planning presents. We welcome the challenge to demonstrate how you can improve the return on investment in your sales compensation plan – returns that are both financial and strategic.
We start by asking the big questions around your C-Level Goals:
- What’s important to accomplish strategically and how can sales compensation support it?
- How can sales compensation support your sales roles and goals?
- How does sales compensation align with your sales strategies and sales process?
SalesGlobe uses a proven sales compensation design process (described in our book, What Your CEO Needs to Know About Sales Compensation), a best practice approach developed over hundreds of companies through their sales commission and sales compensation programs, that considers each of the major incentive compensation plan elements to rigorously evaluate and design your program:
- Understand the C-level goals and define the sales roles to meet those goals as a foundation for the compensation plan.
- Frame the compensation plan with target pay, pay mix, and upside potential.
- Link incentive compensation and performance with thresholds, measures and priorities, levels and timing, and mechanics.
- Align the team and financials with objectives and sales quotas.
- Operate through a solid governance and change management program with continuous evaluation.
SalesGlobe can help your organization plan and design sales compensation and sales quota programs that align to your business objectives and provide organizational change management to help your team drive sales results.
Let's Get to Work
- September 13, 2023
- August 30, 2023
- May 1, 2023