Incentive Compensation and Sales Operations Consultant
Our mission at SalesGlobe is to advance thinking and data-driven creative problem-solving in the world of sales to help our clients develop and implement new growth solutions that make their organizations better.
SalesGlobe is looking for experienced sales operations professionals with deep incentive compensation experience who can share in that mission and join our team of creative problem solvers as we rethink sales.
If you want to push your thinking, develop new ideas, build your capabilities, work with a fun and creative team, and make a difference for client organizations as part of a rewarding career, this may be an opportunity for you.
As a member of the consulting organization, you will be:
- Working with clients to develop sales compensation solutions as part of sales effectiveness solutions that include go-to-market, sales organization, quotas, strategic account planning, talent planning, and sales technology alignment.
- Leading sales compensation consulting engagements and projects including fact-finding, interviewing, analysis, evaluation, solution development, and other project activities. This will require the ability to independently manage an engagement as well as effectively manage a team assigned to a project (Director level).
- Delivering an excellent client experience that includes high-quality deliverables, developing a relationship of credibility, integrity, and trust, managing expectations, and timely delivery.
- Conducting data analysis on sales compensation, sales performance, and marketing information using standard analytical approaches.
- Analyzing and interpreting findings from data to inform decisions, develop recommendations, and design solutions.
- Conducting or overseeing cost modeling and scenario analysis for sales programs, including sales compensation, to determine cost of sales, cost changes between current and proposed designs based on performance and other variables.
- Developing tools for use in collecting and managing data for marketing and research purposes.
- Collaborating with your peers to transfer knowledge as well as engaging in continuous learning to actively contribute to the continued excellence and growth of the consulting organization.
- Conducting interviews with clients and developing relationships that span from the front-line to the C-level.
- Managing the P&L expectations of each engagement, your individual time management, and utilization.
- Actively participating in client meetings, internal discussions, and strategy sessions.
This role is full-time. Atlanta applicants are preferred but will consider remote from other states. As part of this role, you will have regular client contact. Our clients are Fortune 1000 general management, sales, marketing, and human resources executives across a range of industries.
For client work, you must be flexible and comfortable with some travel (up to 20%) to client locations across the United States. Travel is based on project steps such as interviews, findings meetings, and design meetings rather than recurring onsite client work.
Incentive Compensation and Sales Operations Consultant drives, executes, and manages all efforts and activities involved in the scoping, design, development, implementation, process improvement of innovative and tailored sales compensation solutions for clients.
Skills and Background Required:
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in sales effectiveness (strategy, training, coverage, and incentive compensation) required. Consulting experience and/or operational experience is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) desired.
- Experience with Sales Performance Management (SPM) systems a plus.
- Strong to expert level proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to work with ease using large data files to combine, cross-reference, match, analyze and communicate information.
- Professional, executive-level presentation in-person and by phone.
- Experience working with senior executives and mid-level executives in cross-functional roles that include Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, and Sales Operations.
- Ability to work Independently with complex client teams across multiple industries, listening actively to understand and respond effectively to their needs.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to present virtually and in-person and clearly articulate content that flows well and tells a story.
- Strong working knowledge of statistical analysis and data-driven problem-solving. Expert knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work creatively with data to look at multiple angles and scenarios. Ability to interpret findings relative to the project being conducted.
Cultural Fit and Working Style:
- Ability to self-manage and work independently, as well as work as part of a team.
- Strong time management skills required, keeping projects on time and on budget without compromising client deliverables.
- Client service orientation to create a first-class client experience.
- Ability to see the big picture but understand and work with the details from a problem-solving perspective.
- A passion to be part of an organization and a vision to develop new and innovative approaches for our clients.
- Energetic and positive with a can-do attitude while having fun doing great work.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.