Sales Effectiveness Consultant – Incentive Compensation Focus
Our mission at SalesGlobe is to advance the thinking of sales organizations by developing more effective, creative, data-driven solutions that drive growth. We are looking to the future of sales as visionaries of what’s to come and operators who work alongside our clients to create results.
SalesGlobe is looking for experienced sales operations professionals with deep incentive compensation experience who can share in that mission and join our team of creative problem solvers as we rethink sales.
If you want to push your thinking, develop new ideas, build your capabilities, work with a fun and creative team, and make a difference for client organizations as part of a rewarding career, this may be an opportunity for you.
As a member of the consulting organization, you will be:
- Working with clients to develop sales compensation solutions and sales effectiveness solutions that include go-to-market, sales organization, quota-setting, strategic account planning, talent planning, and sales technology alignment.
- Leading sales compensation consulting engagements and projects including fact-finding, interviewing, analysis, evaluation, solution development, and other project activities. This will require the ability to independently manage engagements as well as effectively manage a project team (Director level).
- Delivering an excellent client experience that includes high-quality deliverables, developing a relationship of credibility, integrity, and trust, managing expectations, and timely delivery.
- Conducting data analysis on sales compensation, sales performance, and marketing information using standard analytical approaches.
- Analyzing and interpreting findings from data to inform decisions, develop recommendations, and design solutions.
- Conducting or overseeing cost modeling and scenario analysis for sales programs, including sales compensation, to determine cost of sales, cost changes between current and proposed designs based on performance and other variables.
- Developing tools for use in collecting and managing data for marketing and research purposes.
- Collaborating with your peers to transfer knowledge as well as engaging in continuous learning to actively contribute to the continued excellence and growth of the consulting organization.
- Conducting interviews with clients and developing relationships that span from the front-line to the C-level.
- Managing the P&L expectations of each engagement, your individual time management, and utilization.
- Actively participating in client meetings, internal discussions, and strategy sessions.
This role is full-time. Our offices are located in the metro Atlanta area and we have team members who work across the country. As part of this role, you will have regular client contact. Our clients are Fortune 1000 general management, sales, marketing, and human resources executives across a range of industries.
For client work, you must be flexible and comfortable with some travel (up to 20%) to client locations across the United States. Travel is based on project activities such as interviews, findings meetings, and design meetings rather than recurring onsite client work. So it’s travel as needed which creates a great consulting lifestyle.
This role drives, executes, and manages all efforts and activities involved in the scoping, design, development, implementation, process improvement of innovative and tailored sales compensation solutions for clients.
Skills and Background Required:
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in sales effectiveness (strategy, training, coverage, and incentive compensation) required. Consulting experience and/or operational experience is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong to expert level proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to work with ease using large data files to combine, cross-reference, match, analyze and communicate information.
- Professional, executive-level presentation in-person and by phone.
- Experience working with senior executives and mid-level executives in cross-functional roles that include Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, and Sales Operations.
- Ability to work Independently with complex client teams across multiple industries, listening actively to understand and respond effectively to their needs.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to present virtually and in-person and clearly articulate content that flows well and tells a story.
- Strong working knowledge of statistical analysis and data-driven problem-solving. Expert knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work creatively with data to look at multiple angles and scenarios. Ability to interpret findings relative to the project being conducted.
- Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP) from WorldatWork is a plus.
- Experience with Sales Performance Management (SPM) systems is a plus.
Cultural Fit and Working Style:
- A vision for your life and career with the initiative and motivation to succeed.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently, as well as work as part of a team.
- Strong time management skills required, keeping projects on time and on budget without compromising client deliverables.
- Client service orientation to create a first-class client experience.
- Ability to see the big picture but understand and work with the details from a problem-solving perspective.
- A passion to be part of an organization and a vision to develop new and innovative approaches for our clients.
- Energetic and positive with a can-do attitude while having fun doing great work.
Our Operating Principles
- Accountability. Owning your role and your performance.
- Drive. Thinking ahead, pushing forward, taking control and being proactive.
- Integrity. Working with honesty.
- Excellence. Always producing to your highest ability.
- Transparency. Being open and communicating clearly.
- Team-Orientation. Working with the strength of the team and knowing the SalesGlobe team is your pack.
- Curiosity and Contribution. Always learning and contributing that learning to the team and clients.
- Resilience. Able to bounce back and let the small stuff slide off your back.
- Humor. Putting it all in context, loving what you do, and being able to enjoy and laugh about it. It’s only sales and marketing.
Email resumes to email@example.com.